Registration is now open
Visit the Registration and Housing Information page for more details, or get started here.
ATVB 2014 Final Program | ATVB 2014 Online Program Planner
The meeting includes diverse disciplines within the arteriosclerosis, thrombosis, vascular biology, peripheral vascular disease, vascular surgery, and functional genomics research communities that allow investigators to explore areas of cross-disciplinary interests. We expect a broad representation from many disciplines and encourage young scientists to attend.
At the conclusion of the conference, participants will be able to:
1. Discuss recent advances in knowledge about the role of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) and non?high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C) in atherosclerosis and the clinical implications of those findings.
2. Discuss recent findings about the role and mechanism of action of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins (TGRL) in cardiovascular disease, approaches to assess TGRL proteins, the results of large genetic studies implicating TGRL in atherosclerosis, and the clinical relevance of this research.
3. Discuss current controversies in the contribution of HDL-C to atherosclerosis and the clinical implications.
4. Discuss recent research related to mechanisms of atherosclerosis, peripheral arterial disease, and aortic aneurysms particularly related to inflammatory signaling and the interplay of immune cells, endothelial biology and vascular smooth muscle cell homeostasis in the vascular matrix.
5. Review novel pathways and therapeutic opportunities in blood coagulation and thrombosis.
6. Discuss the latest research in the signaling and genetic pathways involved in vascular dysfunction and the implications of such research for new therapeutic options and management.
7. Describe current efforts to reverse atherosclerotic damage through medical therapy and vascular regeneration.
8. Describe the biology of cardiometabolic pathways and risk factors in relation to the development and progression of cardiovascular disease and diabetes, and discuss potential options for management.
The conference will especially appeal to scientists and clinicians in:
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- Cardiovascular Research
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Clinical Cardiology
- Functional Genomics
- Molecular/cellular Biology
- Thrombosis Research
- Vascular Biology
- Vascular Medicine
- Vascular Surgery
The American Heart Association gratefully acknowledges the unrestricted educational grant from AstraZeneca LP.
Phone: (888) 242-2453 or (214) 570-5935
Direct media inquiries to Corporate and Media Communications at (214) 706-1396. You can direct news media to our newsroom for inquiries and registration and housing information.
The American Heart Association, in partnership with Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, is proud to announce AHA HealthJobsPlus.
The new version of our job board provides a first-rate source for those seeking and posting jobs by connecting qualified healthcare professionals with top-notch employers in the healthcare industry.
SAVE THE DATE
ATVB/PVD 2015 Scientific Sessions
Hilton San Francisco Union Square
San Francisco, California
May 7-9, 2015
ATVB/PVD 2016 Scientific Sessions
May 4-6, 2016